On March 17th 2015, Entropia released a new Version Update for their universe...bringing with it massive changes to the taming system. There were also bug fixes and some client changes made. So let us take a look at the new changes brought to us by MindArk.
To avoid confusion with similarly-named taming system effects, two existing Mindforce effects have been renamed. ‘Metabolic Acceleration’ now refers to increased pet food consumption. The avatar run-speed buff is now known simply as ‘Acceleration’. ‘Metabolic Deceleration’ now refers to decreased pet food consumption. The avatar run-speed debuff is now known as ‘Deceleration’.
- The skill interface gets revamped...we can now see the total amount of Avatar skills as well as the total for each skill category.
- Improvements were made to the appearances of conversation dialogs as well as confirmation boxes.
- You can now track your pets status and progress with the newly implemented Pet Status Interface.
- Animal Essence has been added to the game. Animal Essence is a new resource that can only be obtained by compressing the life energy of a pet. This can only be obtained from tamed creatures and its main use is to unlock new taming system abilities as well as features.
- The new Pet Center management system allows Stable Owners to select from a variety of buffs to offer their customers. MindArk has stated that the current variety and cost of the buffs can be changed in the future releases for balancing requirements.
- Pets have a rarity of their own...and you can view these in the pet status window.
- The last feature for this release is PASSIVE abilities for Pets...Pets can unlock various passive abilities when certain criteria is met. On another note each tamable pet has a different set of unlockable abilities but only one ability can be active at a time.
- Metabolic Acceleration Chip I has been renamed to Acceleration Chip I. Higher level mindforce chips imparting the Acceleration buff have been renamed similarly.
- Metabolic Inhibition Chip I has been renamed to Deceleration Chip I. Higher level mindforce chips imparting the Deceleration buff have been renamed similarly.
- Reimplemented several previously existing avatar emotes, including Vain, Feminine, Masculine, Sporty, Happy, Shy, and others.
- Client launch has been optimized to reduce startup time.
- Optimizations have been made to reduce load time of items placed in estates.
- Death effect now only plays once when an avatar dies.
- The Voice Chat system has been deactivated for technical reasons. A secondary effect of this change is that the maximum team size will now be 12 for all participants.
- Based on data obtained from several stress tests performed during the past weeks, optimizations to the platform infrastructure have been implemented, with additional improvements which are planned in the coming releases. Thanks to everyone who assisted in these efforts by participating in the stress test events.
- Fixed an issue causing distance to waypoints to flicker while in space.
- Fixed an issue preventing pets from being summoned after teleporting.
- Fixed an issue causing sticky notes to be cleared when the text length limit was exceeded.
With these new changes new business opportunities open up for the players of Entropia universe...and how this will effect the economy..we will just have to wait and see. :-)